Thursday 20 March 2014

Day 18 : Tuck me in!

          By now, you must have known that I introduced books very late to Swara. When she was 1 year old. But now that we have embarked on our reading journey, I do not wish to end this magnificent journey for a long time to come. That is why, I had primarily taken part in this 30 days challenge.

          Why do mothers fuss so much about babies' night-time ritual? I used to wonder aloud at this question. But, when my daughter was born, I understood through what all agonies mothers go. My daughter never ever slept at night. It was always a battle to make her sleep.

          It was later that I understood and mastered the art of making my baby sleep. But, still, books did not feature in our night-time ritual. They became a routine very recently and now there cannot be sleep without a story!

          Today's prompt was bedtime stories! When I told Swara, she got all her books from her collection and I had to read all of them! Here is the list of other books read to their tiny tots -

  1. How do dinosaurs say goodnight?
  2. Mop's treasure hunt
  3. A goodnight kiss from Sweet Dreams Stories by Parragon
  4. Sindbad
  5. Three Billy goats gruff
  6. I'm so sleepy from Tulika
  7. Goodnight little bear by Richard Scarry
  8. Just go to bed by Mercer Mayer
  9. Every which way to pray by Joyce Meyer
  10. Prayers for children - Little Golden Book
  11. The sleep book by Dr. Seuss
  12. Goodnight moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  13. Ten in the bed
  14. Toto the auto
  15. Interrupting Chicken
  16. I'm not sleepy and I will not go to bed by Lauren Child
  17. Junior Kumbhakarna by Arundhati Venkatesh
  18. Sleeping Beauty
  19. Snoring Shanmugham
  20. Stars at bedtime
  21. Can't you sleep little bear?
  22. Tales of Peter Rabbit
  23. The going to bed by Sandra Boynton
  24. The Pied Piper of Hamlin
  25. Llama llama red pyjama
  26. Childcraft (animals)
  27. Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathman
  28. Nini at birthday party
  29. Nini's pile of toys
  30. Sleepy dog
  31. All asleep by Joanna Walsh
  32. The green book of bedtime stories
  33. Sleepy Sam by Michael Catchpool
  34. Ten in the bed by Penny dale
  35. Dad! I can't sleep by Michael Foreman
  36. Bouncy bouncy bedtime by David Bedford
  37. Bedtime frogs from Stories for 1 year olds by Igloo
  38. The sleeping beauty
  39. One Ted falls out of bed by Julia Donaldson
  40. I'm too absolutely small for school by Lauren Child
  41. Say goodnight
  42. Ruby says goodnight
  43. Harry the dirty dog by Gene Zion
  44. Patter's adventure
  45. A job for Freddie
  46. Tinkerbell
  47. Sweet dreams stories
  48. The astronomer
  49. Bedtime by Tony Ross
  50. Huggy kissy by leslie Patricelli
  51. I don't want to go to bed by Julie Sykes

 Junior Kumbhakarna, Goodnight moon, Goodnight gorilla, Ten in the bed, and I'm so sleepy were today's repetitions!

Happy reading and Good night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment