Sunday 9 March 2014

day 8 : mommy and me

          Each one of us holds a special relationship with our mothers in our lives. We love her, disappoint her, take her for granted, advise her but only when we ourselves become mothers do we realize her importance and sacrifice towards us. So, on the occasion of International Women's day, here is the prompt we received. We had to read books on our mothers!

           Here is the reading list of day 8!
  1. Monkey Puzzle by Julia Donaldson
  2. Mama, do you love me?
  3. If you give a moose a muffin
  4. Jaya Jaitley's My Mother (hindi) from Pratham books
  5. Book Uncle and me by Uma Krishnaswamy
  6. Where is Amma? from Tulika
  7. The Ugly Duckling
  8. Are you my mother? by P.D. Eastman
  9. A mother for Choco by Kieko Kasza
  10. Magic Vessels
  11. I love you Mummy by Jillian Harker
  12. Just me and my mom by Mercer Mayer
  13. I love you so by Marianne Richmond
  14. Amma Engey? (Tamil translation of Where is Amma?) from Tulika
  15. Guess how much I love you?
  16. Thomas and the tank engine
  17. The worst princess by Anna Kemp
  18. Love you forever by Robert Munsch
  19. Junior Kumbhakarna
  20. I love you because you are you
  21. Amelia Bedelia by Peggy parish
  22. Stellaluna
  23. Nini's guest
  24. My mother's sari by Sandhya Rao
  25. Papa, please get the moon for me by Eric Carle
  26. Harry and the terrible whatzit by David Gakenbach
  27. Exploring Memories from Dora - Record a story-book
  28. Snow bears by Martin Waddell
  29. Love you forever
  30. Does a kangaroo have a mother too? by Eric Carle
  31. The adventures of Toto the auto - book 2
  32. It's Amma's birthday tomorrow by Janaki Sooriyarachchi
  33. Preparing for Christmas - extract from Little Women
  34. Bear can't sleep
  35. If you give a mouse a cookie
  36. My mummy is magic by Dawn Richards & Jane Massey
  37. I love my mommy because by Laurel Porter Gaylord
  38. Mr. Brave and Mr. Silly from Mr. Men series by Roger Hargreaves
  39. Elmo - clap your hands puppet book
  40. Barney, let's go to the restaurant by Maureen M. Valvassori
  41. Dora's book of manners
  42. Bruno series
  43. Kittens' Amma goes to school'
  44. Parsnip by Sue Porter
  45. Aai by Madhuri Purandare
          Oh! you must be wondering only 39 books read on day 8? That's because Monkey Puzzle was read 10 times, followed by Are you my mother? 6 times and lastly Where is Amma? 4 times.

         As for us, we also read Monkey Puzzle. Adorable description of the feelings of the baby monkey is shown here.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment